Monday, November 21, 2011

"God-incidents": A Random Meeting with Orphan Care Alliance

I'm always amazed at how God works to orchestrate our lives together, including the details that otherwise would seem insignificant.  On Saturday morning, I was about to leave work when a young lady walked in with a handful of flyers.  I work at an athletic club, so this was not an uncommon scene.  Many folks bring in flyers for 5k's or bike races regularly.  This one was different.  As she was explaining the flyer, I saw on the top of it the logo for Orphan Care Alliance (OCA), the organization that has partnered with Lifesong to provide the matching grant Liz and I just received.  I think I half scared the young lady when I stopped her in mid-sentence to tell her that she could advertise whatever race she wanted to at our athletic club because she was part of the organization that is helping us get our Congolese child home.  Needless to say, we talked for a little but and she left some flyers informing runners about the opportunity to run in the KY Derby Marathon and Half-Marathon with "Team OCA" in order to raise money for Orphan Care Alliance to continue to help people like us advocate for the orphan.

So, there were a couple of reasons for this post.  First, as I said in the opening line, I'm amazed at how God orchestrates our lives to run into people like this in situations where we would normally call it a coincidence or happenstance.  Secondly, I wanted to give you the information to run the KY Derby Marathon with Team OCA.  You can find the info you need at http://www.active.com/donate/orphan.  At this site, you can register for the Marathon and mini-Marathon as well as become a fundraiser for OCA.  You can also simply go here and donate toward OCA's goal.  


Liz and I have talked about running the mini this year.  We'll have to fit it into our busy schedule, but we'll see.  If we do, you can bet you will see more info about how to raise money for OCA.  At the very least, I want to encourage you to check out the website above and pray about how you can contribute to the work that OCA is doing to help families financially bring their kids home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment